Sketches of Thoughts

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Five little things.

Jes over at Aloe-ha! tagged me in this five things meme. I'm game... Here goes.

1. Ja snakker litt Norsk. I studied Norwegian to meet my foreign language requirement in college but can't really remember any of it. We're not all wired for foreign language learning like some people I know.

2. Speaking of foreign language, I'm not all that excited (gasp!) about foreign travel. I know that some of you will cringe reading it, but it's oh so true. And just when I was getting comfortable with the idea of my upcoming Africa trip next year I read something like this.

3. I secretly wish I were a dancer. I love having a background in music and working in the visual arts, but I think dance is amazing. Plus those people are cut. And that would mean I had some sort of athletic ability.

4. I am an obsessive reader. Pete tells me he thinks I get all my information by reading, and it seems true. I read the blogs, the news, and the church bulletin to follow along. And I also like books, but I'm not good at picking them out. Last weekend I read Sideways and it was great. Just a whole day of reading. Mmmmm.

5. I miss Iowa, especially Decorah. It's such a great little place and nice little state. I don't know that we'll ever live there again (there are only a handful of places that could even potentially be in the running given the job market we'll seek) but I love it all the same. Except they don't have the beach and it snows. That's why my favorite quote is "Folks are about as happy as they make up their mind to be." Be happy with where you are, my friends.

All right out there, let's learn about you. Emily and Sarah, are you guys up for it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home