Sketches of Thoughts

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

For posterity's sake.

I'm packing up and moving away. Throwing away layers of stuff, making a Goodwill pile and getting ready to go. I'm throwing out an old Marcus News, but wanted to record this little bit, just because.

Via my Grapevine
by Thelma Gravenish
1/10/2008

So much for retiring! There were so many interesting happening that I have to share with you. Richard gave the okay for me to ad lib, so here goes. I received a phone call, Saturday, December 30th inviting me to enjoy the Smith Trio at Marcus Heartland Care Center that afternoon. I called some friends and we were so happy to be there. Stanley Smitih's favorite and only son, Jim, introduced his favorite and only son, Steve, and Steve introduced his favorite and only son, Chris. We were so pleased as Jim played the sax and warbled old favorites. Steve tickled the ivories and Chris kept them on the beat with teh drums. They had a room full of residents and visitors who enjoyed songs like "I Left My Heart in San Fransisco, "Blue Moon," "Harvest Moon," "Iowa Corn Song" etc. They cut loose with "Skirts and my feet said "Go, go, go" by knees said "No, No." It brought memories ... I thanked Jim for calling me and chatted with Steve and Linda and Chris and his wife... It was a memorable afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home