Sketches of Thoughts

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I just had a working lunch.

That is to say a lunch that worked for me. For months I've been complaining about spending too much money on lunches out. At least six times out of ten, I don't enjoy the food. Of course, company at lunchtime is always a treat, but today I indulged in a treat of a different sort: some me-time.

I brought my own lunch, mixed field greens with parsley and vegetables served with a small portion of homemade dressing. I had a sensible snack of trail mix (no chocolate) earlier and I can't wait to eat this watermelon my co-worked shared. I took a walk around some of campus and have returned to the office. Successful, don't you think? I'm already happier with my health decisions, seeing as how I was getting into that oh-shit-my-clothes-don't-fit zone and only two weeks later, I'm making strides to wearing the summer clothes I already own.

Despite my tweaking of the weekday lunch plan, I have decided not to give up Key Lime Poundcake. A girl's got to have plenty to live for!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home