Sketches of Thoughts

Sunday, April 09, 2006

What I learned today.

It seems to be true that everyday you learn something new. For me, today's learning was equestrian in nature. My pals Gaylen and Karin took me to the ranch where their three horses board. These three horses are not your average horse, my friend. They are Paso Fino horses. What does this mean for me, the rider? A smooth gaited ride on a horse perfectly scaled to my liking. Plus the Paso Fino enjoys a special place in Florida history, what with its Spanish ties. How appropriate that this week in 1514 Juan Ponce de Leon claimed Florida for the Spanish. Today's afternoon at the ranch was non-stop fun. I saw baby horses only days old. I played with four dogs. I celebrated the birthday of Gaylen's leading man, her horse Gallon. I did plenty of walking, a little bit of riding, saw a Featherlite trailer that reminded me of Iowa and topped it all off with a visit to your average North Florida roadside stand to pick up a few highly sugared, fat-laden praline pecans. I love learning and experiecing new things and this beautiful Sunday afternoon was no exception. Three cheers for fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home