Sketches of Thoughts

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Joy Spring.

Spring is indeed a joyous time. There's so much to love about spring - beautiful flowers, the feeling of rebirth and growth, shorter hemlines, the wool gets packed away, the toes get painted, plans for the first beach trips of the season made and executed and it's once again a pleasure to be outside. What a perfect appetizer for summer spring is.

What other time of year would you consider eating Peeps, or a pie made of molten Peeps goo? What other time of year do bridal shower and invitations flow as freely as in springtime? When else does music sound so hopeful, expressing the promise of our great big world? (I'm listening to a playlist created by Pete. Presently hearing "A House Is Not A Home" by Eric Alexander. It's even the perfect time to express the desire for world peace, through through what is typically consider normal channels or through special, strange, unconventional means.

If I seem optimistic today, it's because I am. I've had a pretty decent week. It's had its moments, like yesterday when I ruined our DVD remote in a fit of rage. (Not that I'm proud of it, I was acting like a toddler...) But today even that seems okay.

Life is good. I have beautiful relationships with my husband and family, great friends, a sweet pup, a job and vacation hours saved for my mini-break in Portland. The beauty of spring has me reflecting on life's truly important things. How true --- spring is a joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home