Sketches of Thoughts

Monday, May 28, 2007

Tyin' one on.

It's been a busy week, as the time before the Memorial Day weekend often turns out to be. It was especially busy, though, due to the birth of a friend's baby last Wednesday. These special East Africans took good care of my husband while he was in Uganda last summer. So naturally, I feel it necessary to go way above and beyond for the birth of their child. This is the youngest child I've ever met, so naturally it's pretty bitchin' to start with. Joshua was less than 10 hours old when I saw him for the first time. And oh how I love him.

I cooked casseroles. I made them Jello. And peanut butter cookies. I bough baby clothes, found the best deal on unscented wet wipes and diapers in the appropriate sizes. Today I found a little toy and filled the diaper bag with a few little gifts. I even crafted a tied little blankie to take to the lil' tot. The sort of weird part? I liked it. All of it. Lest I get too excited - I managed to be interested in some non-retail components of the entire process. I didn't mind hear about the labor, though I think 10 cm is definiately inadequate to push a little head out. 20 cm sounds more like it. Well, anyway. I'm in no hurry at all, but I think I could get into this at some point.

What will really tip the scales? Seeing the newest member in my husband's family at next month's Idaho outlaw adventure. (Read: immediate family reunion.) In the meantime, pass be a beer, honey. It's Sunday on a holiday weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home