Sketches of Thoughts

Monday, March 19, 2007

I love having a good day.

Though I typically refrain from work-related posts, this time it just can't be helped. I'm LOVING my new job. I get to engage both my adminsitrative side and my creative impulses. So far this month I've gotten high marks on a little grant, helped with some other grant-related materials, developed and created a proposal to pitch to the City for an outreach program at community centers. This morning I even gotten attend the meeting where the proposal was being made by several Board members and my boss to the Mayor and City Manager. FUN FUN FUN! I got to explain the program. It seems the whole group was as enthusiastic as I am. Last Friday I led an art activity for a group of journalists who were checking out arts in the area. That was a blast. Cocktails and creativity, though I didn't do the cocktail part. So, I feel happy and fulfilled at work. And that is a nice feeling.

Plus, I have awesome friends. Attended a rollicking good party Saturday. Tonight we're having dinner with the neighbors. Prep is underway for the second annual "Not Your Mother's Garage Sale" to be held later this month. I'm even happy working a second job. Anyway, I hope I can keep up with this awesome positive streak I've been having. I'll put my best energy out there in hopes that it will continue to come back to me that way. That's a little new-agey, but it seems to be working this March (typically one of my least inspired months of the year).

I love having a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home