Sketches of Thoughts

Friday, April 13, 2007

I set it on the vibrate setting.

I don't like waking up to loud noises. Alarms clocks, work on water towers, barking dogs, cars with loud noises on my busy street. None of that pleases me. Often I set my alarm clock to vibrate so that I'll hear that gentle sound and it'll ease me into my day. We set the phone to vibrate last night - and I thought I put it on my side of the bed. I wanted to wake up early to make scones today, so I wanted the phone next to me. When I woke up, I heard a vibrating sound, like a gentle little nudge. I felt around on the bedside table for the phone. Wasn't there. Felt around in the bed. Decided the alarm must not have gone off after all. Was I imagining that vibrating sound? Woke up a few minutes later but still nothing! The third time I heard the vibrating noise I sprung out of bed, dashed into the kitchen and got started on the scones. To hell with the vibrating phone! It was there on the bed somewhere. When I realized it was only 5:30 and the alarm was set for 6:30 I realized something else.

I was waking up the sound of my own NOSE vibrating and wheezing with allergy symptoms! I set my nose to the vibrate setting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home