Sketches of Thoughts

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Summer is in session.

As I sit down to FINALLY blog, after over a month away from it, I'm in the mood to celebrate the fact that summer pretty much rocks. June was pretty awesome. There has been a family reunion to enjoy, fresh tomatoes from the neighbors, summer camp craziness going on non-stop, a trip to the beach, plenty of hanging out, a new season of medicore TV to enjoy. Oh my goodness, when will it end? Life is good.

But weird. Mercury is in retrograde and some shit is really whacked out. A friend's car got nailed by a drunk driver while it was parked outside of his house. A WWE wrestled killed his wife, Britain has a new prime minister, we have lots to worry about on the Supreme Court. Recently at job #2 a woman returned merchandise that was several years old, was stained by bleach and had the inside tags removed. This is just plain weird to me, but I guess we gotta do what's best for the customer. Wacky whacked out shit.

For normal people this might be fodder for excellent blogging. For me, it's just a couple of lame paragraphs. Nevertheless, I feel compelled to list a few of my favorite things about summer. Here's hoping you can find a few of your own to enjoy with the upcoming holiday week.

Things I love about summer:

Somehow, it's ok to smell funnier than usual.
Speaking of smell, I dig the smell of fresh tomato leaves. Mmmmmm.
Really, really, really smooth legs that aren't dry and cracked.
Sandals.
Summer dresses.
Summer camp.
Summer grilling.
The top down on the car.
Midafternoon thundershowers. We could use more of these.
Vacation. Even though I won't be taking one for weeks.
The attitude of summer in the South. Get through it, by golly, and have a drink.
Sweet corn, though it will never taste as good as it does at home.
Anniversaries, birthdays and parties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home