Sketches of Thoughts

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Honeymoon Garage Sale

Since I've had some free time, I've taken to regularly checking websites. Some blogs I like to read, hometown Iowa newspapers (both for news and entertainment purposes), job sites (thank goodness that is over), friends' photo sites, craft ideas (I am working on some coolass shit), and of course Craigslist. It's good to know when there's a garage sale that might be decent, a pet forum worth reading or some other surpise. So, given the time factor, I've been hitting not just my local site, but I am always researching apartments to rent and jobs available in what you might consider a more trendy locale than where I live. Considering that I check out New York, West Coast Locations, even Omaha and Boise, I would have never guessed that the most ludicrous post would be from right here in my Capital City. Are you ready? Get ready...

GARAGE SALE!!
Help us pay for our honeymoon...come buy our stuff!
*Donations also welcome!*

I am all for the spirit of entrepreneurship, but doesn't that just seem like taking things a step too far? To advertise that donations toward your honeymoon are welcomed at your garage sale? Honey, can you cancel that check for the refugees in Darfur? I want to donate to a HONEYMOON. Puh-leez.

And based on the results of my garage sale, which I would sale was overwhelmingly successful, I would like to wish the new couple well as they ride off in the sunset, toward a rural North Florida Motel 6 (and probably to a movie and Barnhill's all-you-can-eat buffet). As a special treat, stop for some boiled p-nuts on the trip. Here's to you, happy couple. Let's hope at some point in your marriage you discover something the rest of us call good taste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home