Sketches of Thoughts

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Life, or something like it.

Well, friends, it's weekend-time. For me it's been the weekend since the beginning of this month. Tons of free time, with unlimited constraints on TV watching, reading-for-pleasure, cleaning house (or not cleaning house), playing-with-dog-time... All of this sounds great and is for a short period of time. But now I am ready to go to work again. But work is not ready for me. I'm looking to find something retail or part-time to get me through and keep me busy while I look for something permanent, a good fit where I can spend my days working as a part of a team, and perhaps in the evening complaining about work, just like most normal Americans I know. That would be a delight.

Those of you know me know that I am pretty thrifty. This is not something that has come naturally, it is a trait I have honed since getting married, going to graduate school and as the bread-winner of my non-profit working/Ph.D. student married household. I think it's good that I have learned to find a good deal at Goodwill, know where to buy bras so that the 7th one is free, how to shop the grocery store circular, clip a coupon or two and eat out for lunch instead of dinner. But I am holding down my purchases even more than usual with my unemployment situation. I guess this is what it means to be a real adult.

This has been a learning experience, there are many things that I know: I could NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER be a stay-at-home mom or one of those work-from-home people. I like the physical act of going to work. It is nice to cook and have the time to clean it up. And last, but certainly not least, patience is a virtue. I'll keep working on that one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home