Sketches of Thoughts

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Give it up.

Time to offer some thanks. I fashion myself to be a truly grateful person. I have a wonderful and loving husband who is creative, intelligent, kind and inspiring. I have parents who have shown me more love and kindness than I could ever humanly expect or deserve. I have a cool brother who teaches me many things and a very, very driven sister-in-laws. I have siblings-in-law whom I admire. I have a job that is as ecclectic as my home decorating sense, a part-time gig that is changing the way I think of perfect strangers, I have a pup who cuddles up, good health, a warm bed to sleep in, plenty of food (do you know how expensive a standing rib roast costs? damn.) that is really, really, really tasty. I have friends who are like an extended family - diverse, busy, focused, expressive and talented bunch. I have friends of old who are far away but never forgotten, though we may rarely communicate. I have surprise phone calls to look forward to, and laughs to share. I have morning coffee and mimosas on the horizon after a three mile jog, plus muffins and companionship. I have enjoyable food prep with my sweetie, a little bit of vino from the lot purchased today and a feast with 10 people whom I will be honored to be with. Life indeed is good. I hope you have plenty to be thankful for, too. Give it up with a grateful heart, y'all. Happy Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home