Sketches of Thoughts

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Never say never.

I have done the unthinkable. What I said I would never do. I swore I would never again wear leggings, and today I have done it. Black footless tights with lace at the bottoms. Very 1991-inspired. But in 1991 I would have never, ever worn a wool tweed skirt. In 1991 I had not been to London to purchase my favorite red cashmere sweater at Harrod's, which I am also wearing today. Other things I had not imagined for myself in 1991:
  1. Eating mayonaise. In cole slaw, potato salad, chicken salad, you name it. I swore I would never eat it. I also didn't eat salad dressing. Luckily I saw the error of my ways.
  2. In 1991 I was devestated not to be a member of the D.A.R.E. leadership team. It is as if my love for beer and wine was laid out ten years before I was allowed to legally allowed to consume it.
  3. I was certainly a huge dork then. Only I swore I would never embrace it. Hey, man, geek love is cool. Soooooo cool. The blogosphere is full of nerds, and I love them all. Jenn hearts total dorks, band geeks and other various and sundry freaks. I work at an art center for God's sake. Show the freak love. If only I'd know this when I had to defend my undying love for Stevie Wonder to others near the swings in 1991.
  4. I never imagined that I WOULD NOT have children at age 26. I thought I was made for that shit. I may be made for it someday, but I'm pretty sure at 11 that it would be all sewn up (pun intended) in 15 years.

I'm sure there's more. But that's enough for now. See what I mean? Never say never.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home