Sketches of Thoughts

Monday, February 04, 2008

Velveeta and going green.

We've just finished a supper of shrimp and cheese grits. How perfectly Southern, right? While that's charming, it's not what I'm getting at with his post. I find myself increasingly interested in going green, and today Velveeta was just the medium for my message.

We're also getting ready to move to a new place, so I'm in serious conservation mode. I'd rather not take hugely expensive trips to the grocery store. I'd rather bide my time and cash for cute home furnishings for the new place. So I'm working with what I've got.

Today's dinner - which was really good, cheese grits (using that Velveeta mixed with cream cheese, one magic ingredient plus Velveeta) and shrimp from the freezer - didn't require a single trip to the grocery store. Admittedly this is a baby going green step, but hey, you gotta start somewhere.

So here's to Velveeta, or whatever you've got sitting around that needs to be used. Up tomorrow: a quinoa salad kit that's been hanging out in our cabinets for months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home