Sketches of Thoughts

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Written while exhausted. On the way to bed.

Earlier tonight a friend who is moving abroad gave me a gift for taking care of a few things while she visited London this month. It's a beautiful double-walled ceramic cup, with no handle and perfect for coffee or tea. She said she thought long and hard about what to bring, and she finally settled on this modern treat because it somehow seemed right. She said she hoped I didn't mind the sentiment.

And I don't. In fact, I'm kind of relishing in it.

There have been some transitions in my life recently, most specifically at work. Things are no better or worse, only different. And that a colleague and friend finds a gift for me that conveys comfort and warmth is a good feeling for me. Good luck, my friend. You'll be great.

Now that things are settling down a bit, I'm hoping to get my house in shape for Christmas! I'm making it a goal to post a few photos of our Christmas digs once I complete a few decorating tasks, and complete four or five less pleasant loads of laundry. Oooh, and holiday treat making. I have a few days off work this week, Monday and Tuesday... So if you're lucky I'll have some things to share. In the even that you're unlucky, you'll just have to hold out for an update later. Either way it'll be fun.

10 days til Christmas. y'all! Let the fun begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home