Sketches of Thoughts

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Coffee, I need you.

A haiku, inspired by Keli, to celebrate my return to the black stuff. Only one stylistic note: I have added a syllable to give it some Southern flair.

Coffee ambrosia
Energy for the long day
Blissful beverage y'all

I am relying on my cafe au lait today to get me through what I suspect may be a bit of a difficult day. Yesterday was one of the longest days of my professional career. I faced some tough challenges and made some difficult decisions. I think my decision to leave my current position was just as brave as it was to accept the gig in the first place. I am embracing a regret-free lifestyle these days, and this is no exception. I took this job, did my best work, and have just found that it's not the job for me. So now it will be time to find something else. It's a difficult choice in this small arts job market, but I am learning day by day that personal stress, strife and pain just isn't worth it. Life is meant to be lived well and enjoyed. So on I will go. Let me know if you have advice and/or suggestions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home