Sketches of Thoughts

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Praying to the warranty Gods.

Can't remember if I posted about the horrible two-broken-cars-on-the-way-to-Orlando adventure of August 11, but it resulted in two marginally functional cars. The Alero had to go to the dealership, something about the engine and a leak. This crap makes me feel like my brain is leaky, but that's another story. Anyway, after a couple of days it turns out that the engine problem is covered by warranty. Thank you warranty Gods. The repairs on vehicle #1 should be completed today or tomorrow, so that's a good thing. The Volkswagen (that's right, the semi-new car) has a problem with the AC compressor. Worked just fine - but stopped working. And man is it hot in that car in the middle of the afternoon. Luckily you can just put the top down and let the wind be in your hair. Anyway, took it to the shop yesterday and they thought the Freon just needed to be flushed, but they were wrong and it's the AC Compressor. So today my darling sweetheart took the VW back to the shop, where a not-so-nice adjuster guy came from the warranty company to check it out. It's illegal for that dude to talk to the customer, they have to survey the car, file a report with the warrant company, who will then make their decision and contact the shop. Then the shop can contact the customer. It's kind of a stupid plan, if you ask me, but whatever. I'm just hoping we get the answer we want - the one that will cost us $250 instead of $600. So, do me a favor and cross your fingers and say your prayers to the warranty Gods on my behalf. Resolution is what I need, baby, and I would like it to be swift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home