Sketches of Thoughts

Friday, September 15, 2006

The harder they try, the less I buy.

Last week I was disgusted to see Christmas displays in several of my favorite stores. It is literally the week after Labor Day and already the spirit of holiday greed has been put before the consumer. Last year I bought less stuff than ever before. I can practically list each gift I bought. I sold a bunch of stuff on eBay to finance what little I did - just a gift per person, with the exception of my husband. We did buy lots of gifts for friends, but as I've mentioned before, I view many of my Tallahassee pals as extended family. It's a special relationship to be sure. Everytime I walk past a plastic tablecloth printed with snowmen and Santas or see a displayed Christmas tree ornament between now and November, I'm sure to become more and more irritated. Already I'm feeling Charlie-Brown-Christmas-y. When the time is right, I'll remember what it's all about. For now I'm just going to try and enjoy my autumn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home