Sketches of Thoughts

Sunday, May 07, 2006

30 before 30.

As a lover of the list and inspired by a couple of other people who've done things similar, I've started a 30 things to do before I hit 30. I've also got a lifetime goals list of things to see and do (like the Kentucky Derby) that won't probably fit into my pre-30 lifestyle.

Last night I put a new thing on my list mentally on the way to the beach with Pete and pals Matt and Jenny. As we were driving along highway 98 I was thinking about how much I would like to learn to kayak. Something I've always wanted to do, never have done and would like to try. Little did I know that when we got to Carrabelle I would have my opportunity. Last night, the weekend of the first full week in May, I was kayaking in the Gulf of Mexico in the moonlight. I guess that's one thing I can scratch off my list, and a skill I can keep developing, because despite feeling out of control in the gentle waves and the dark, I didn't capsize and I did enjoy myself! I wasn't even cold. What a blast. I think I'll check out more of this kind of thing this summer. Let me know if you'd like to join in the fun.

I'm working on another of my goals --- getting a promotion at work. My new job does mean more responsibility and a title to reflect it. Cool. Speaking of that, I'm on my way to meet the boys of the BCT in about 30 minutes. Thank goodness for accomplishing goals. Now if I could just learn to keep my bedroom cleaner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home