Sketches of Thoughts

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Real Housewives

Yesterday I came to work very early so I could leave around 4p. It was great! Did all my work, had a nice lunch meeting, achieved a (very) few things and left about 4. I left work early, and so did my neighbor pal for the express purpose of getting a pedicure together.

So we did. We drove to Lee Nails and sat in chairs and paid what seems like a very small amount of money for the pleasure of someone else soaking, exfoliating, lotioning and grooming my feet. Then they were polished perfectly with a French pedicure finish. Pretty, accurate white tips that look lovely in my new silver Birkenstock-esque sandals. And since we were there, we opted for French manicures, too.

When we got back to Victory Garden, Pete met us in the driveway. He told us we had to go in the back door of the house, because he had just mopped the kitchen floor. (I omitted the part about how when we were getting in the car to leave I had a complete outburst and flipped out about my pants being in the dryer, which I hate, and how dirty our house seemed.) That's right, I left to get pretty and came home to a house that had been cleaned thoroughly and all I had to do was pick up a little clutter.

As if the manicure/pedicure combo wasn't enough, my home had been cleaned by my sweet husband (I hardly had to lift a finger) and then we all decided to order curbside pick-up from Outback, especially since Pete was going to be driving right by after teaching a drum lesson out in that part of town. Pampered lifestyle? I should say so. While we waited for the food and for Pete to finish teaching, we wirelessly computed and cleaned our pets' Coach leather collars. Good God. We might need a reality TV show. I had no idea my life would ever come to this, but I'm certainly not complaining. I guess this is what it's like to be a Real Housewife of Tallahassee. Ha! At least one day a year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home