Sketches of Thoughts

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Checkin' it off the list.

All summer long I've been working from lists. Lists of the many things that must be done at work, lists of things to tell Pete when we talk, lists of things I might buy as Christmas gifts, lists of things I might like to have, lists of bills to pay, lists of people to call, you get the idea. But my favorite list of things this summer is my list of summer goals. Some of them (like financial discipline - my new mantra is purchase with purpose) are a little dry while others are more exciting. My fave three goals by far --- learn to drive a manual transmission, get a new car and have a garage sale.

The garage sale was so exciting I'm ready to do another round of house purging. When I hit garage sales last weekend (garage sailing as I prefer to call it), I was extra cautious about not accumulating too much shit. Fun useful items only! Can't wait to use my new gas grill, I've worn my vintage apron while doing dishes several times and I'm presently wearing a vintage belt with mushrooms and butterflies imprinted on the leather. Rad.

The car thing, now that's even cooler if you ask me. I traded our old Toyota for a VW Cabrio manual transmission convertible (black with tan cloth interior) that I am learning how to drive better every single day. I learned to drive a stick before purchasing this car, and needed to trade the Toyota before disaster struck, so I negotiated a deal that I could handle and feel like I did great. The car is super fun to drive and I can't wait to take it to the beach! Whee.

Nothing like a nice goal to put you on the path to happiness. Now off to accomplish today's to-do list...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home