Sketches of Thoughts

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Whoa Nellie.

It has been another crazy week in life; stranger days one after another. Will I get through the summer without something huge or horrible happening? I'm hoping I'll soon wear reach my craziness quota so I can just go back to things being a little more, well, boring. I always seem to get philosophical on Sundays, when I can look at the big picture and not all the horrible details. On Sunday the sun streams through the front windows, I listen to music or watch CBS Sunday morning, Dyson the floor, think about what I'll wear in the coming week, think about what I'll eat in the coming week, think about when I'll go to yoga, how I'll try and maintain my personal life amidst a job that I find so important that I could easily work 60 hours a week and not have it seem like enough.

I've been thinking lots about balance lately. I don't know how to find it, but I do know I'm getting closer. Calm, soothing activities (like tending to my little container garden, reading the paper, practicing some yoga poses, playing/working with Etta or reading a book) are some of my favorites now. I seem to have high-intensity for work and leave the rest of the time of thinking about how I can feel fulfilled, not just bogged down with stuff, with bills, with details, with maintaining friendships or regretting how I handle situations.

Sorry I get so philosophical on Sundays. It's my favorite day of the week for so many reasons, not the least of which is that I typically reserve it for ME. Love that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home