Sketches of Thoughts

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Magic of Baking Soda.

Who knew that baking soda was so rad? I knew about using it as a tooth whitener and have used it to wash away the evidence of my recent iced tea addiction. So I thought if it could be so awesome for teeth, what other magical powers could it possess? Here's what I've learned so far:
  • Put a little in your dishwater for increased scrubbing power. And I put it in the dishwasher now, too.
  • Makes a great facial scrub. Gentle, mild, effective and CHEAP! For nearly three years I've hated how my face looked. Florida humidity was not kind to me. After just a few days of use as a scrub (washed off with my favorite lavendar soap) my rosy Iowa glow has returned.
  • Scrub nasty showers and sinks with it. Like I said, frugal and effective. And ---
  • today I'm going to use it as a drainer cleaner. I've read a 1/4 cup washed down the drain with boiling water is even better than Dran-o.
Right on baking soda! I'm going to try and find lots of new uses for everyday stuff. It's gratifying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home