Sketches of Thoughts

Monday, August 07, 2006

Combatting lameness.

This week I will have to fight an impatient attitude everyday. This weekend is a big deal to me - life will sort of return to normal and this crazy summer thing will be a memory. And as a result, I find that I'm not as patient as I should be, because I'm just so excited! Yesterday when my car wouldn't start (probably because I didn't depress the clutch far enough) I almost started to cry. Later in the day when it chimed a little tune during a mile-and-a-half drive I got really inflamed. I'm going to have to figure out a way to be more patient. I've booked myself up with activity, from a few past-due lunches with friends, to evening house-cleaning chores, but I feel like the week is still going to drag. At least I'm off to a better start this week - I started with a walk with little Etta this morning. That little bit of exercise sort of acts like a mood regulator for me. Last week I'm convinced that part of my bad attitude was because I wasn't exercising enough. I've got to get with the program. So here I am, making an effort and hoping that it will pay off big come Saturday. Cross your fingers for no more catastrophes this week! Hope you've started your week with a smile, too. Have a good one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home