Sketches of Thoughts

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

So this is adulthood.

I woke up early this morning, after a short night, thanks to a long evening of vacuuming and house tidying. I got up, walked the dog and took I shower. I've pulled on my Spanx (basically a modern-day girdle popularized by Oprah), zipped up my black pencil skirt and pulled on its matching blazer. I'm wearing heels and carrying a grown-up handbag. I'm going on a job interview today, and maybe to a job fair. I am handing over a few critical details of my current (almost former - as of this coming Friday) job to another person, stepping back and getting ready to let go. I guess this is what it's like to be a grown-up. Earlier today I was wondering when the good stuff starts, and then I got to thinking.

I'm cleaning the house that I rent - where I live with my husband. That's pretty cool. I have a dog. I am responsible enough to care for another breathing creature. I exercised, and then enhanced my work with Spandex. I'm wearing a black suit, but with a navy blue top, a little trendy and a little scary for a person who has always objected to those two colors used in any combo. Soon I'll be hopping in my little car - the one I picked out, bargained for and learned to drive to grab a Starbuck's before I go to work at a gig that hasn't worked out, but has been a real learning experience. Sometimes being an adult sucks, and sometimes it doesn't seem so bad. Weird, but not so bad. But I'll still be hanging around waiting for the really good stuff to start...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home