Sketches of Thoughts

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Because. Just Because.

Just because you think you're so pretty
Just because you think you're so hot
Just because you think you've got something
That nobody else has got
You cause me to spend all my money
You laugh and call me old Santa Claus
I'm tell you, baby, I'm through with you
Because, just because.

There is absolutely no reason I've been singing these polka lyrics all day long. Except that it's a fun polka. Polka was a nightmare to me as a child. I was never so keen on riding in the back of a pickup truck during the The Fair while all the cooler kids sat on the curb and collected candy. But when I met my husband I came to terms with my polka past. In fact, after our wedding we went to the ol' hometown for a wedding reception, and instead of a honeymoon, we played in a polka band with my dad and grandpa. Maybe it's weird. But I don't care. I think it's kind of special and fun. Because, just because.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home