Sketches of Thoughts

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

What I learned from reality TV.

Last night as I was cleaning up around the house, I was watching reality TV. This is something I rarely do - turn the TV on to a single channel that's not PBS and just let 'er rip until it's time to go to bed. But last night, that's exactly what I did. Amidst the Dysoning, dusting and dog playing I watched Wife Swap, Supernanny and One Ocean View. Surprisingly, I still have brain cells left to pull together coherent thoughts. Here's what I learned from those shows last night:

Wife Swap: We all have something different to contribute and what fun would the world be if we were all the same? We should respect one another, our similarities and differences and appreciate the way others live their lives, while striving to live ours to the best of our abilities. And that can mean making changes and comprosmises.

Supernanny: You sure as heck don't get anywhere when you are screaming. It's just a joke when you can't control yourself and expect others to respect you. Calm it down and think before you talk.

One Ocean View: I don't have much hope for humanity while watching these idiots get drunk, aruge about dating and fool around. Yuck. This is the least highly rated in my book. Get a grip and do something. Pull it together, dudes, your 15 minutes is going to be up before you know it if you're not careful. Then everybody will just laugh at you and how silly you truly are. Sex in the City goes to the beach my foot.

I'm no pop culture critic, but I know what I like. Maybe there will be more fun in store on the boob tube tonight!?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

Want more fun? watch Dog, the Bounty Hunter. Last night Dog said..' the closer that I get to the (bad) guy, the more I become like a robot on a mission from God.'
Tonight, he gets married in what will surely be the biggest red neck event of the year.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home